Kforce has a client that is looking for a Senior Java/Microservices/Cloud Developer for a long-term assignment in Frisco, TX (eventually). Summary: You will work on designing and implementing greenfield applications using Spring on top of cloud platforms. You will also be migrating legacy applications to modern microservice based architectures Integrating various services (databases, storage, APIs) into cloud applications. You will be working according to the agile methodology (using techniques such as XP and pair programming).
- Minimum 8 years of programming with Java, JEE, XML, and Web Services
- Must be able to code in prevailing technologies including Java, Spring, SQL including hands-on expertise with cloud native solutions from Google or AWS
- Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills and strong experience with Java 8/J2EE distributed application development, REST, and domain model Microservices, Spring Boot, API gateway, etc.
- Proven abilities delivering CI/CD development methodologies
- Experience with modern development tools (ideally IntelliJ, Git, Maven, CI servers, Confluence (or other wikis), JIRA (or other trackers), code review tools, SCA tools)
- Knowledge of event sourcing and distributed message systems like using Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and designing and developing Microservices from Monolith architecture
- Experience in event-driven design of Microservices and 12-factor app development standards
- Expert knowledge of Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud Data Flow, etc.)
- API design and implementation (remote vs local APIs, routing and reverse proxying, load balancing, optimization techniques)
- Experience with developing within a Cloud environment; Must have good knowledge on cloud infrastructure including AWS
- Knowledge of developing Spring Data access application with AWS RDS or NoSQL data stores and polyglot persistence (Couchbase, Cassandra)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.