We build tools and libraries that help product developers build great applications quickly. For us, the developer product experience is essential — we strive to build fun and intuitive products that feel right and work well. You’ll work with a fast moving, interdisciplinary team of Engineers, Product Managers, and other Designers to design and create assets that define the look and feel of our products and the marketing campaigns that go with them. You’ll contribute to various parts of the product lifecycle including prototyping, high fidelity visual specification, and pre and post-launch marketing.
What you’ll do
- Design brand guides and product identities that are visually appealing, impress users, and build coherence and consistency across our products and the marketing for them
- Collaborate with the team on mockups and prototypes of user experiences before they are built
- Work with UX Designers to define a visual language and design guidelines for the products and web properties we maintain
- Create high fidelity visual specifications, envisioning the pixel perfect product surfaces that can be built by Engineers
- Develop assets and collateral for marketing efforts including websites, ads, print, and other physical materials we develop for conferences and events.
- You’re proficient with standard design tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- You have a general understanding of CSS + HTML and the overall technical aspects of building graphics for the web such as file formats, fonts, and browser capabilities
- You have a good intuition for User-Centered Design and the core principles of usability and accessibility in the context of web and mobile interfaces
- You’re a good communicator who can explain design decisions and rationale on the basis of good design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- Your portfolio demonstrates experience with designing interactive experiences across mobile and desktop devices. Experience with print or motion/video mediums is a plus.
- You can manage and prioritize your workload while coordinating the design process across multiple disciplines (Product, Design, Engineering). You’re comfortable working under ambiguity and with the natural churn that comes with iterative product design.
This position can be done from our San Francisco headquarters, or anywhere else in the world. MDG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Our team is our family – we work hard to take care of each other. Beyond typical benefits, we provide healthcare for you and your family, healthy food including daily lunch & dinner, a flexible vacation policy, and a monthly wellness stipend to cover housecleaning and fitness memberships for you and a partner.