OneMain Financial holds a strong commitment to our customers, communities and team members. This approach to lending has helped us provide customers with loan options for over 100 years and grow to over 1,600 branches in 44 states. We know that success starts from within, which is why we place emphasis on creating a team of talented and dedicated individuals. If youre looking for a place to work collaboratively and build your career from the ground up, think OneMain.
Who you are:
- Youre driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the user
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
What you’ll do:
- Perform complex application programming activities in Java and related technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring, Web-Services and more.
- Lead the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
- Inspire junior engineers to push the boundaries of technology alongside of you.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyones socks off.
What were looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguityand making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You dont form an opinion and sell it as if its gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
- At least 8 years of experience leading and developing technical teams
- At least 2 years of experience recruiting and managing people
- At least 5 years of experience designing, developing and delivering Java, J2EE and web applications
- At least 3 years of experience developing or delivering REST web services
- At least 2 years of experience with designing and developing web-services using MuleSoft
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- At least 2 years of experience developing in an Enterprise setting