We are seeking a DRSN Engineer to support our GMD Secure Communications Operations and Maintenance contract located at Fort Greely, Alaska in support of our customer’s critical mission.
- The DRSN includes all hardware and software associated with the switch as well as the four major subsystems and TMDE
- Maintain technical and circuit drawings
- Operate and maintain (O&M) the DRSN telephone Switches (Digital Small Switch 2-A (DSS-2A) GENEA systems, including all end items such as phones, admin consoles, operator console called ECC, multiplexors, modems, and cryptographic material.
- Perform all O&M actions IAW Defense Information System Network (DISN) Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Guide and Technical Manuals
- Maintain a Master Station Log IAW DISA Circular 310-D70-30, chapter 12
- Perform database management 24/7, to include telephone number changes, hotline changes, conference changes, routing changes etc. as directed by MDA telephone control officer (TCO), DISA, or COR.
- Facilitate equipment Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process and ensure all equipment needing repair will be reported to the COR or NCOIC with a complete RMA
- Ensure that Information Assurance duties that are directly tied to the DRSNs Authority to Operate (ATO) are completed
- Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of DRSN equipment and Integrated Services Telephones (IST) devices
- Perform maintenance on DRSN equipment to include replacement of circuit cards or major subassemblies
- Perform component level work (down to the lowest replaceable unit (LRU) as necessary
- Configure the DSS-2A to provide interconnectivity and interoperability service for STE, IST-130, TXP, IST-2, and secure radio/SATCOM interfaces supporting CINC travel requirements or on site requirements
- Perform Crypto device updates and perform CRO duties
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS)
- Perform refresher and familiarization training on the IST, Touch Screen Executive Telephone (TXP), Digital Small Switch – 2A (DSS-2A), Channel Encryption Unit (CEU), ECC, SPARC Workstation (Maintenance Console), Miniaturized Dual-Function Adapter (MDA), Digital Phone Multiplexer (DPM), Universal Digital-Loop Transceiver Multiplexer (UMUX), KIV-19M, and other related DRSN user equipment for all DRSN users/subscribers as required by the Government
- Coordinate with DISA, Network Services Center for DISN Services, Secure Voice Services Division (NS54), and Network Operations Branch (NS542) in cases that require troubleshooting through to the distant end of the circuit in order to solve the trouble.
- Maintain Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE)
- Assist Node Site Coordinator (NSC) in maintaining circuit drawings and prep for Government inspections
- Maintain a secure email account
- Attended the DRSN GENEA Military Technical Training course at Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Have 2 – 4 years’ experience on DRSN equipment
- Have a current IAT II Certification (ie Sec+ certification with continuing education)
- Have the Computing Environment certification
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability to monitor, operate, diagnose problems, program systems, configure equipment and maintain the system to which they will be assigned.
- Sufficient knowledge of telephone equipment, Defense Red Switch Network, operating principles, practices, procedures, cyber security and concepts in order to operate and maintain the DRSN equipment and to ensure that adaptations, modifications, or expansions to the installed telephone system are IAW established procedures, precedents, or specifications.
- Sufficient knowledge of DRSN telephone system equipment maintenance procedures, policies, and requirements for the termination of telephone equipment, Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and DRSN equipment to perform maintenance according to all applicable equipment manuals. Sufficient knowledge of the DRSN Database system in order to modify the database per approved customer requirements.
- Knowledge of computer data transmission equipment and systems, Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), T-1, and Packet switched data over private, public switched networks and Internet protocol (IP) and knowledge of telephone Maintenance Administration Consoles practices and policies.
- Qualified in the RMF process and ATO process
- Familiar with DoD RMF (DoDI 8510.01), NIST 800-53 security controls, and CNSSI 1253
- Deep understanding of the A&A process under RMF (and DITSCAP if system is still under old system)
- Familiar with security architectures, firewalls, network access, system hardening, implementing
- and verifying DISA STIGs, implementing security configuration guidance (eg, from DISA, NSA, and vendors), running Nessus/ACAS scans and resolving findings
- Familiar with XACTA or similar tool (eg, eMASS)
- Familiar with creating and maintaining documents and artifacts related to the A&A process (eg, System Security Plan, system lifecycle, continuous monitoring plan, security assessment plan, security assessment report, risk assessment, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiar with XACTA
- Familiar with Army IA regulations and guidance
- Familiar with accreditation of telephone systems
Requires Active TS/SCI Clearance
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and Legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.