Support Engineer – Technical Services Department
Are you an experienced Support Engineer or a recent IT Graduate looking for a career with a Sunday Times Top 100 Company and an Investors in People Gold organisation? If so, this could be the role for you.
With a client list that reads like a ‘who’s who?’ of major blue chip organisations, SolutionsPT is a market leader in Industrial IT and totally dedicated to customer service.
Your new role
A busy and varied role where you will be learning something new every day. We will ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to deliver high quality, telephone based technical support and you will ensure that all requests and enquiries are logged in the call tracking systems and progressed to a satisfactory conclusion; being escalated to one of our specialist consultants where necessary.
You will work as part of a large team, where knowledge is shared, and you are surrounded by passionate and competent technical people. We are the UK centre for customer and partner training, so you will have the benefit of becoming certified in house, through a defined training and development programme.
- To provide high quality, telephone-based technical support on a wide range of Industrial Software and associated products
- To ensure that each issue is logged appropriately and the information contained in it is relevant and up-to-date
- To keep customers informed of the progress of any issue that is not resolved immediately
- To ensure any opportunities are communicated to the relevant team
- To be a trusted advisor for the products allocated to support including certification for the products where applicable
- To exceed our expectations for customer satisfaction for the Helpdesk NPS
- The ability to be customer focused
- To be competent with Microsoft Operating Systems
- Strong computer skills
- The willingness to learn new software and hardware skills
- To be able to communicate with clarity
- To be comfortable on the telephone
- The ability to provide support services
- Problem solving skills
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Being able to align to the company values
- Manufacturing Industry knowledge
- Experience or knowledge of some of the following :
- Wonderware products
- SCADA packages
- HMI packages
- Network knowledge
- A general interest and desire to understand and work with current and future technologies
- Database or SQL Server knowledge
- Programming knowledge
- Disaster Recovery/Resilience knowledge
- Virtualisation knowledge
- Active Directory/Windows Domain Management knowledge
What We Offer
- £22,000 -30,000 (depending upon experience) + bonus + excellent benefits
- the opportunity to join a constantly evolving entrepreneurial organisation with a fantastic culture
If you think your ambition matches ours and you have the skills, experience and drive to make an impact within our Technical Support Team, please apply.
No agencies please