Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our customers and other AWS teams to craft cloud-based solutions database, analytics, and machine learning.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to craft a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate the internal expertise needed to drive database, analytics, and machine learning workloads.
· Represent the voice of the customer and field engagements with specialist sales teams in defined territory.
· Produce and validate reference architectures and customer adoption for AWS services including Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon SageMaker.
· Capture best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams and share reference architectures and patterns amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
· Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community
· At least seven years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
· Implementation and tuning experience in the big data Ecosystem (Amazon EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), database (Oracle, mysql, postgres, Microsoft SQL Server), NoSQL (Amazon DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra), data warehousing (Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Vertica) or data migration and integration.
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
· Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.