7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer (Java/AWS)
At Capital One, we think and work like a tech company, using our digital fluency to transform everything about the customer experience. We’re bending data to our will – and turning an antiquated industry on its head. Are you ready to drive innovation for a global tech powerhouse?
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Capital One Risk and Compliance Technology Team!
The Tech Stack:
This isn’t a role focused on maintaining outdated legacy systems; all of the applications and systems are being built from-scratch! You will be designing and developing from inception to production in an Open-Source, Agile environment. We’re embracing automation while enhancing the consumer experience. From a technology perspective, we’re using the latest and greatest.
Looking for true innovation? You’ll design and develop applications in an area where technology has severely lacked in the Financial Services industry.
Why Should I Apply?
- The opportunity to work within a collaborative team and delivering “greenfield” solutions directly to Capital One customers
- To work for an organization that is truly “technology-first” with a vast landscape of bleeding-edge tools and technologies
- Can you dive into a business problem and solve it with technology even if you haven’t previously worked in that particular technology solution?
- Are you the type who looks for other areas where you can step in and help out that might have not been in your designated scope?
- Are you technically curious?
- Do you enjoy design and development equally?
Who is This Team:
Strong technologists with an extraordinary understanding of the technical and business environment who embraces new challenges and has a distinct ability to get things done. This is a team of self-starters who don’t sit back and wait to be told what needs to be done next. The team is very collaborative, and everyone has the demonstrated ability to quickly become the SME in a variety of areas.
To Strengthen This Team:
You will be a hands-on engineer who has the opportunity to take ownership over current- and future-state applications and features. Your ability to deliver technical solutions, act as the sole contributor on application features, develop collaboratively on larger-scale applications, and interface with the business to understand their needs will put you in a great position to make a substantial impact. Delivering on initiatives within this team will not only be extremely impactful on the way Capital One does business, but you’ll be a major key in transforming an entire industry!
Java Ecosystem (Spring Boot, Maven, Tomcat etc.), AWS (S3, ECS etc.), Angular, JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Microservices, Machine Learning, Streaming.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and use cases
- Take ownership and proactively collaborate with the team to deliver complete solutions
- Design, develop and implement new products and/or enhance existing products
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work with architects to align solutions to a larger IT strategy and technologies such as Machine Learning
- Implement solutions that integrate with enterprise operation processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Java development
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring
- At least 1 year of experience in Microservices
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud technology (AWS, Google or Azure)
- At least 2 years of experience with Kafka
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience of Spark
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Developer
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.