Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The CompoZed Full Stack Software Engineers work as part of agile eXtreme Programming teams who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of digital products. The team practices methodologies and adheres to principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. The team puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed.
The CompoZed Full Stack Software Engineers qualify through a screening and suitability assessment (Opportunity Assessment of Developers). They work in a highly structured paired environment. They architect and design their own systems to deliver their products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They develop test driven code all day and every day. They are highly focused on test driven development, continuous delivery and innovation. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving the KPIs.
The CompoZed Full Stack Software Engineer Consultant |I serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the CompoZed methodology, eXtreme Programming (XP) and a product mindset within each product team.
CompoZed Full Stack Software Engineer Consultant develops applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product through iterative enhancements. He/she owns the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and Back End services. He/she leverages test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, Object Oriented design principles
- Knowledge of developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.