Connexion Systems and Engineering, your Boston staffing experts, would like to provide you with details about this new opportunity as we are seeking individuals with the following skills:
Software Engineer in Test
We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products all, while inventing the future.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Develop and enhance automated tests and frameworks (GUI & CLI).
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated), collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Lead software test effort for individual products.
- 3-5 years’ experience in software test and test automation.
- Strong test development skills; Python, LabVIEW, Java, Perl, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Experience with test case development, test execution for Native Mobile Applications; Android and iOS Experience with test automation and frameworks for both GUI and CLI testing; Selenium, Appium and/or Seetest.
- Familiarity with development methodologies; Agile Experience/Familiarity with QA Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle Experience with JIRA; User Stories, Defect tracking Proficient in Windows and Linux — system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner; able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages; Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks Mobile platform testing and automation Experience with Test Management Systems
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Date Posted: 7/9/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Software Engineer in Test
Location: Bedford, MA 01730
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
Pay Range: 53hr.
Duration: 6 months
Job #: bh10177
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
– provided by Dice