Software Engineer in Test – Permanent – Abingdon, Oxfordshire
ESSENTIAL :- Client looking for a graduate for this role or 2+ years of experience testing Web / Scientific applications. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline with IT or software engineering experience. Ability to systematically problem solve, debug & optimize & automate routine tasks. Experience in some scientific domain
Software Engineer in Test Role & Responsibilities:
– Work with end users, product analysts, & developers to understand features & technical implementations.
– Influence the architecture to be focused on test automation.
– Continuously improve & simplify QA processes together with developers.
– Design, implement, document, & maintain test automation programs for large-scale systems.
– Create software tools used to perform build verification & regression tests.
– Design & automate test cases, write test plans, & develop supporting test tools.
– Conduct regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems.
Software Engineer in Test Essential skills:
– Experience of working in an agile environment
– Experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
– Experience in some scientific domain
– Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a quality culture
– Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
– Design of test strategies & test automation techniques
– Able to understand, modify & maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
– Experience of using or developing open source test tools & test frameworks
– Ability to spike & recommend test tools depending on various project requirements
– Experience of testing complex applications
– Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
Software Engineer in Test Preferable skills:
– Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
– Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences & blog post.
– Familiarity with build management systems such as TeamCity or VSTS build, & administering continuous integration build systems such as Azure DevOps.
– Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps
– Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation & pull request review
– Strong attention to detail
– Follow through, prioritization, planning, & estimating in agile environments.
– Strong communication skills.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients