Join our hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebrated and valued.
Why Stillwater? Were a national insurance provider that offers a full suite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respected insurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with our employees.
The successful Software Engineer will code, unit test and implement software updates to core iSeries systems platforms. This includes maintenance of DB2 database tables, queries to extract data from the databases and quality assurance of all code changes made to the platform.
- This is an entry level position where we are willing to train the right candidate:
- Code and maintain RPG, CL and SQL on the iSeries platform.
- Trouble-shoot existing code and identify root cause of systems issues is a must.
- This position requires after hours on call support should critical systems fail.
- Accurately report status of all tasks is required.
- Develop ad-hoc reports to support business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient on spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to read and understand code developed by others.
- Ability to work with more experienced software engineers to craft appropriate solutions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Proven ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- The convenience of working from an office located near I-80, close to shopping and dining
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your family protected.
- 401(k) Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
- On site Gym/Fitness facility to support your commitment to staying healthy.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain your work/life balance.
Apply today to start your journey of being celebrated and valued with Stillwater Insurance Group.
Offer is contingent upon a favorable response from both a pre-employment background investigation and a drug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.