Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
As we continue to deliver content to users across the globe, our Content Distribution and Origin (CDO) team is looking for engineering talent that can help drive our on-premise, cloud, and third party distribution solutions. We are constantly handling new challenges, striving for 100% uptime and scaling to meet the expectations of millions of viewers. Working with the latest in streaming video, web serving and caching technologies, you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team looking to constantly deliver best in class performance to our millions of subscribers worldwide.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sophisticated environment and be responsible for developing, executing and architecting solutions that are part of the future of content distribution. As a member of this team you will be working on backend services and building API’s that support several internal and external partners.
- 5 years of experience building high-valued, highly scalable production software with Java 8 or higher, Spring Boot, Relational or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with SOA, REST.
- Experiences with cloud technologies like AWS or GCP.
- Strong OOP concepts, design patterns and best practices.
- Self-learner, independent and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Python, Golang
- Knowledge or understanding of
- Linux fundamentals
- HTTP/DNS/Internet Architecture
- Web Serving (NGINX, HAProxy)
- Caching (Varnish, ATC)
- Content Delivery Network Experience (Akamai, Limelight, Level 3, etc)
- Streaming video protocols (HLS, Dash)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.