This position will provide experienced web page development and maintenance, database development and maintenance, SW development, and network management in support of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Information Technology (IT) systems.
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 5+ years of relevant experience in database development, SW development and IT related activities.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Design, develop/create, and post web pages; maintain and update web pages; configure web servers; create automated web scripts; and automate and modify databases.
- Develop and/or modify software coding, as well as work with various database software.
- Provide recommendations on web tools that can be utilized to automate and facilitate the organization’s communication processes and procedures.
- Design, create, and develop databases to support the organizational business processes.
- Provide process improvement ideas and new requirements, as needed.
- Maintain, modify, and upgrade the existing data network and server and install, configure, maintain, modify, and upgrade replacement data network and server.
- Develop requirements for possible hardware and/or software upgrades to the data network, server operating system, and support tools.
- Develop technical documentation as required based on efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Management, or other IT degrees are required. STEM and/or graduate degrees are acceptable substitute degrees for experience.
The following skills are desired.
- Intermediate proficiency in several software technologies areas:
- Relational Database technologies (MySql, Postgres, Oracle)
- Scripting/Bash languages (Python, AWK, Perl, PowerShell)
- Web languages, frameworks, and tools (ECMAScript, NPM)
- Linux/Unix Style Operating Systems
- Intermediate proficiency in Software Configuration Management techniques and tools.
- Able to work in a team of developers to build production quality applications.
- Specific knowledge of various IT concepts, including how hardware and software relate to each other.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company