Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL ? Digital Solutions? Electric Grid Ecosystems Software group is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. The Software Developer will work with a collaborative team of digital craftspeople to develop, enhance, and deliver industry-leading applications to customers in the electric power industry. This position is based out of our Corvallis, OR office.
Tasks May Include
- Working creatively with domain experts and users to build innovative, exceptional cloud-based solutions
- Writing browser-based application front end code or microservices back end code, or both (full stack)
- Writing behavioral unit / integration tests
- Working with source code management, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Building and/or using application performance & health monitoring tools to support development, test and production use
- Working with a team of independent test engineers to troubleshoot and fix issues that arise
What we’re asking
- College degree preferred – BS or AS (Computer Science, Software Engineering/Development or similar), or vocational school with emphasis on Software Development?
- 3 or more years of relevant software development experience
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a small team of experienced, quality-focused developers?
- Demonstrable ability to deliver quality software which continues to result in high customer satisfaction
- A drive and capability to continually improve skills both individually and as part of the team
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product management, dedicated testers, domain experts, and other development teams
- A desire to help us realize our digital transformation as we move to a SaaS model in the Azure cloud
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn to work in a DevOps culture along with the appropriate practices necessary for our Azure cloud operations
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills?
- Ability to work with computers for extended periods of time on a daily basis required
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening?
- Experience with backend technologies (Our backend is written in .Net using C# with REST APIs)
- Experience with front-end technologies (Our frontend is Typescript, HTML 5, CSS, Aurelia)
- Experience with Kanban
- Experience with or knowledge of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Command Query Responsibility Segregation and Event Sourcing
- Experience with continuous integration using VSTS and GIT
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable?our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.?
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers? decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.?
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.?