You’ll join a unique team that’s working inside of Intuit’s Horizon Innovation Program (HIP). HIP is an internal startup incubator for scaling massive new business opportunities. Think of it as taking the advantages of a startup (autonomy, speed, new markets) and melding them with the advantages of a seasoned organization (built-in infrastructure, security, legal) to make an
outsized impact. Sounds like the best of both worlds? We think so, too.
We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and keep our infrastructure secure, resilient, and performant. As part of our team, you’ll scale our Tax Form REST APIs to handle millions of filings for this
coming tax season. You’ll contribute to architecting the tools to support our distributed services. You’ll engineer our services to make them resilient and productive. Here are some recent examples of work we’ve done (gives a taste for what your day-to-day might look like):
* Created DynamoDB indexes and tables to handle millions of rows
* Built webhooks infrastructure with resiliency, security, and throttling in mind
* Implemented message queues (SQS/ActiveMQ) for notifications across services
* Worked with security engineers to ensure data and services meet Intuit’s high
* Managed new deployments with Kubernetes
* Exercise senior level knowledge in selecting methods and techniques to design, implement, modify and support a variety of software products and services to meet user or system specifications.
* Work on problems of complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors of the overall product and service.
* Analyze and synthesize a variety of inputs to create software and services.
* Develop highly scalable, secure, and efficient software that supports commercial software products.
* Working with other Senior Engineers, collect and analyze requirements from Product Managers.
* In an Agile/SCRUM environment, develop, define, and write code to implement algorithms to develop software application features in compliance with business requirements.
* Fixing bugs (& root causes) without worrying about who created them
* Writing unit & integration tests to improve the confidence in the stability of the product
* Develop code for review/correction by senior level engineers, and produce production-ready code.
* Passionate about design & coding with strong customer focus
* Responsibility and Accountability for code you create & manage!
* Positively influence/inspire people around you.
* Contribute to the improvement of product development methods and tools.
* Note: this is an individual contributor role
* Strong CS fundamentals – data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
* Object oriented programming concepts with Java/C++;
* Has experience in Spring Boot, Spring Data & Lombok
* Aptitude for software design and implementation for full-stack applications
* Experience building client side application using front end technologies and frameworks
* Familiar with OpenAPI Spec
* Building highly scalable RESTFul APIs with resiliency and fault tolerance.
* Strong NoSQL and/or relational database fundamentals
* Experience building server side logic using backend services
* Unit testing, integration and automation testing
* Strong experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and version control systems
* Contribution to open source is a plus, but not required
* Experience with various offerings from AWS – S3, SQS, DynamoDB, K8s