EverString helps sales and marketing teams find their ideal customer. The EverString Audience Platform uses predictive algorithms and machine learning to leverage over 20,000 unique data signals for more than 90 million companies, enabling marketers and sales users to create and refine relevant audiences. Revenue teams use predictive marketing to expand their database with net-new, best fit accounts and people, prioritize and focus resources on the right companies, and enrich their data for better context and insights into key prospects. EverString is backed by leading investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, IDG Ventures, and Lakestar.
EverString’s work environment is grounded in the principles of introspection, innovation and a one-team mentality. We are dedicated to the wellbeing of our team members, and we provide strong mentorship, daily lunches, monthly happy hours, and a commitment to supporting your personal and professional growth.
About this role
EverString is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Big Data/AI engineering team in San Mateo, CA. As a member of the engineering team, you will get an opportunity to build a world class SaaS-based predictive analytics application. You will contribute to core data platform leveraging machine learning algorithms and models.
- Design and implement big data ETL pipelines and best practices for large scale information extraction from structured/semi-structured/inherently noisy data sources.
- Work closely with big data software engineers to implement rule-based or algorithm-powered insights based on company, contact and other data.
- Understand data sources in-depth, design and implement data extraction and processing pipelines that work around imperfections of data to improve data quality and coverage.
- Deliver high quality and scalable code with automated test coverage.
- Solid team player, strong culture fit/attitude who can collaborate effectively with team members and product management.
- Be part of a fast paced agile team.
Qualifications / Skills
- At least 5 years of industry experience of working with big data systems (Scala/Java/Python + Spark/Hadoop).
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Primary experience in one of Scala, Java or Python.
- Experience with workflow/scheduling management tools like Airflow, messaging queues like Kafka and noSQL DB is desirable.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning pipelines, text analytics, search, and entity graph systems.