Passionate about technology? Do you like shipping software and seeing real results?
If that describes you, you’ll feel right at home at Chariot. We are a tight knit group of software professionals, putting our expertise to work for Philadelphia-area companies every day. We are software developers, architects, tinkerers, and experts.
We are proud to be a 4 time winner of Philadelphia Top Workplace!
We are looking for elite Java developers who have practical development experience, drive, passion and love challenges along with
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Comfort with one or more application development frameworks: Spring, NodeJS (Express, HAPI), AngularJS, Angular, React, VueJS, Django, Rails
- Fluency with SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and/or NoSQL (Riak, Cassandra, MongoDB) databases
Strong preference for candidates with experience in AWS architecture, design, deployment, services, and best practices:
- Services such as S3, RDS, Lambda, ECS, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis, SageMaker, Core IoT, Cognito
- Working knowledge of EC2 and VPC
- DevOps and automation – Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker
- Logging and monitoring
- Data migration
- Cost management
Bonus points and strong consideration given to:
- Functional programming background: Scala, Clojure, Functional Java with Lambdas, Kotlin
- Apache Spark, Hadoop, Stream Processing
- Mobile technologies: iOS (Swift/Objective-C), Android (Kotlin/Java) native applications
- Python, Go
We work with a wide variety of technologies, and solve an even wider variety of problems. A full stack skill set is vital, as is the ability to pick up and run with new technologies. Our customers bring us in to solve their most challenging problems, guide their teams on new initiatives, and provide expert technology advice.
- Energy usage forecasting
- Video on-demand streaming analytics
- Real time GPS to road network mapping through noise and data loss
- Mobile home security and automation applications
- Clinical trial data management enterprise applications
- Take a look at some of our case studies
Chariot only hires the best and brightest in the area, and the firm works hard to make sure that its employees stay that way. For example, here are some of the excellent benefits to working at Chariot:
- We take care of health, dental, and vision insurance, 100% paid for you and your family
- Paid maternity, paternity and parental leave
- Attend an all expenses paid tech conference of your choice every year, in addition to the Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise conference (Philly ETE)
- Opportunities to present at meetups, conferences and run workshops
- A top of the line MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Travel opportunities if you want them, and a commitment to local assignments if you don’t
- Free lunch Fridays when you’re in the office
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and long-term disability
- Subsidized gym membership
- Company stock
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is not a remote position. However, we are open to candidates willing to relocate.
– provided by Dice