Senior IT Support Engineer – £37,000 + 12.5% bonus & excellent benefits – Chatham, Kent
My client has a very rare and exciting opportunity to be part of their internal support team. You will be providing senior IT support for internal incidents (at desk only), requests, changes associated to your area of infrastructure whilst also guiding and mentoring junior members of the team.
The successful candidate will be part of a company who offer excellent support & training, career progression, social team events, dress down environment, very friendly staff and also the opportunity to be part of a company who have constantly expanded with more plans to keep growing aggressively.
- Provide at desk 2nd Line support to all internal staff
- Contribute towards Infrastructure projects, IT change requests and maintenance
- Implement Infrastructure upgrades, both from a technical & user impacting perspective
- Work with the organisation in developing and executing continuous service improvements by ensuring any appropriate functionality and new technologies are identified and escalated to management.
- Deliver routine IT management, monitoring and reporting capabilities within your area of infrastructure.
- Implement changes in order to maximise their effectiveness in conjunction with the other infrastructure teams.
- Create and maintain all infrastructure documentation as required.
- Review all technical input into new projects and initiatives where appropriate.
- Collaborate in delivery with Third Parties
- Manage Technology stakeholder relationships both internally and externally to ensure all IT quality standards are met
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience from a hands on 2nd Line Support Engineer role with a focus on IT infrastructure
- Supporting and maintain the following:
- Storage (HP SANS/3PAR etc)
- VMWare – Basic knowledge
- MS Exchange
- Active Directory
- MS Server 2008/12 or 16
- Citrix hosting
- ITIL foundation
- Any MS or Cisco qualifications would be a huge advantage
- Excellent communication skills
Hours – Mon to Fri – 9am to 5pm
Discretionary bonus of up to 12.5%, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays off, holiday purchase scheme, pension – 5% employee, 8% employer contribution, private medical insurance, private health insurance, death in service, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, long service awards, quarterly employee recognition programme, Tax-free childcare vouchers, moving house & getting married day, season ticket loans, eye tests & glasses contribution, flu jabs and PerkBox discounts plus more.
Suitable applicants will be contacted within 48 hours of applying