It’s a particularly exciting time to be in Product Management at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing, and our customers are looking to us for solutions. You are responsible for driving sales of your product categories. You will collaborate with business units across the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory Management and Finance. At the senior level you’ll be an integral part of managing, coaching, and developing others in Product Management.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast paced work environment, we’ve got it!
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager in the Advanced Skin Care Division located at our new corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL. Under general supervision, you’ll be responsible for driving next generation product and/or market opportunities, and developing the product roadmap for a standalone business unit within the division. You’ll use your product development experience to navigating the new product development process from conceptual stage to through the product life cycle, and optimize profit and drive sales growth while maintaining a customer-first mindset to solve problems for both the patient and patient-care provider.
What will you do?
- Lead cross-functional teams in product definition and development. Manage all project management efforts required to implement product improvements in a commercial environment.
- Lead project management efforts required for new integrated product launches. Key responsibilities include project tracking and reporting. Establish and manage the product development roadmap, ensuing the execution of launch goals and ensuring timelines are met.
- Conduct effective market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team. Manage initial KOL relationships, advisory panels and surveys.
- Become a product subject matter expert able to partner with downstream team to develop sales literature, internal and external marketing publications, presentation materials, and training. Working in conjunction with downstream partners, develop training materials for internal and field personnel.
- Analyze sales trends and prepare business cases to inform product forecasts and competitive strategies. Support the creation of detail Marketing Plans as a result of the business cases.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train personnel in all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
Why Medline? We’ll let the numbers speak for us.
- 45+ years of consecutive growth (double-digit for the past 20)
- 20+ product divisions and counting
- 350,000+ products and counting
- 15,000 employees spanning the globe
- 100+ years in the industry, we know healthcare
- Ranked number 32 on Forbes 2017 list of largest privately held companies in the U.S.
- Conducting business in 90+ countries.
What do you need to land the job?
- This is your business. Your passion for it will only help to accelerate your success and opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry)
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
What can you expect once you’re on board?
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot headquarters
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to employees
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle board
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting spaces
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter options!