With the ability to balance a strong understanding of customer needs, commercial acumen and technical knowledge, a Product Manager role at bibliotheca provides variety and versatility to any prospective applicant.
Located at either our office in Switzerland or the UK and part of an international team; you will manage a defined product portfolio to achieve product and market leadership, supporting our continued growth in markets around the globe. Through customer interactions and a close collaboration with our global sales and commercial teams, you will have the ability to understand customer needs and consequently specify, develop and introduce new products into the markets
Key Job Responsibilities
– Ownership and management of a designated product portfolio within the business; including leading product launches and driving our global sales teams to generate sales revenue.
– “Product Champion” for the designated portfolio, being fully coherent on the features, development and roadmap for the products and solutions.
– Market and competitor analysis (new and existing markets).
– Internal monitoring and analysis of product sales.
– Master lifecycle and release schedule for all products within the portfolio, agreeing and prioritising developments (hardware / software) to meet market need.
– Lead and make recommendations for all New Product Developments and existing product features / enhancements, including taking the product development through the StageGate system.
– Creation and management of detailed requirement specifications including customer requirements gathering, and development of business cases for the decision process for new developments.
– Development of company-wide ‘go-to-market’ plans for the product portfolio including product launches, promotion and front-line support of all products into the global sales teams.
– Support the Global Marketing Team in the definition and detail around all product launch, market updates and documentation.
– Preparation and execution of Product Sales training.
– Bid Team Support on all product enquiries.
– Work with other Product Managers within the team to ensure consistency in product and provide new functionality between the products.
– Minimum 5 years experience of product portfolio management within a hardware and software business environment
– Demonstrated ability to market and drive business development for product portfolios; including leading on the 4 key marketing elements of product, price, placement and promotion.
– Clear understanding of product marketing with the ability to communicate product strategy and direction across all levels and functions; providing information and feedback to the wider business.
– Strong commercial acumen and marketing skills, e.g. market and competitor research, product lifecycle, communications, promotions and pricing.
– Strong communication and presentation skills
– Be flexible & adaptable
– Willingness to travel
– Ability to work independently
For applicants based in our Switzerland office, you should have the following requirements:
– German mother tongue
– Very good knowledge of English in spoken and written
– Experience within small transport systems and PLC-based projects is an advantage
Compensation & Benefits
In return, you will receive an excellent remuneration package that includes a competitive basic salary and performance related incentive scheme. Other benefits include:
– Private Medical Cover
– Life Insurance
– Contributory Pension scheme
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption schemes
– 25 days holiday plus public holidays