Principal Systems Engineer
- Excellent benefits
- Industry leading pension
We are currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our client, based out of either there Northolt or Gloucester site you will conduct system engineering activities to ensure designs and products meet customer requirements. UK security clearance up to DV is strongly desirable for this role.
Main job description:
- Develop technical solutions to large and complex engineering problems, following Systems Engineering processes, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts, as required, across the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Plan, co-ordinate and present at internal and external design reviews, to senior management and customers, to ensure a successful event.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across one or more projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and implementation are selected.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of Systems Engineering artefacts for one or more projects to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Engineering, the V-Model and associated processes/lifecycles.
Significant experience of developing requirements and establishing a compliant systems design.
Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
Experience working as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and developing new areas of expertise as and when required.
Experience of DOORS, UML, SEBoK, Enterprise Architect and SysML.
Experience of hands-on development of either hardware, software or firmware development, particularly in an embedded environment.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working
days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.