Pearl Developer, C++, TCP/IP is required for our established Bristol offices on what will initially be a 9 month contract.
Description for the Pearl Developer role
The PEARL team require a software engineer to join this exciting and fast paced project to deliver a configurable platform floor to a prestigious London university. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies.
Key Responsibilities for the Pearl Developer role
The software engineer will be joining a control systems team comprising a graduate developer, and a control systems engineer who will be coding the PIC in the module. The role required is to develop design documentation and then implement the GUI, the maths required to calculate the height of all the actuators across a platform, the sequencing logic to ensure the equipment does not draw too much power at once and the network architecture to support the system.
Software will be coded in Visual Studio, designed to run on a Windows based tablets. Module control boxes are still to be designed – this role will also be required to assist in preparing that specification.
Key Skills & Experience required from the Pearl Developer
* Excellent knowledge and experience of implementing Servers.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of C++.
* Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of TCP/IP Networks.
* Experience of full system design life cycle
* Understanding of networking and communications principles.
* Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
* Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
* Excellent verbal and written skills;
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
* Candidate will be required to obtain BPSS clearance.
If you are an experienced Pearl Developer and feel that your skills and experience match the requirements then apply now!
Pearl Developer, C++, TCP/IP For more information or to apply contact Charmaine Padfield at Bond Williams IT
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency