Job Title: Linux DevOps Engineer
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire – Free Parking
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 DOE – Benefits include pension, potential shares and bonus (to be discussed at interview)
Hours or Work: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday – flexible working offered AFTER probation
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9725
This is a brand new position created due to company growth and you would report to the Global Development Manager.
Essential requirements to be successful in this role are Linux, Docker, Ansible – if you do not have these skills then I am afraid that the role would not suit you at this time.
What skills will you bring to the table?
- You must have advanced Linux experience & worked within OR wanting to move in to DevOps
- Experience with containers technologies – MUST HAVE Docker – Kubernetes would be of distinct advantage but NOT essential
- Experience in monitoring, alerting and log management technologies NICE TO HAVE ELK
- Experience with messaging queues – NICE TO HAVE Kafka
- Experience with automation tools – MUST HAVE Ansible, NICE TO HAVE Chef, Puppet and at least one scripting languages Python or Bash
- Experience with SQL databases – NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with CI tools NICE TO HAVE TeamCity, GitLab and Apache Archiva
This fast-growing and rapidly changing environment requires someone with creative approaches to solve complex problems. The role calls for a self-motivated, innovative problem solver who thinks fast and makes the right things happen. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for support, maintenance and upgrade of the engineering environments and infrastructure. The role also involves implementation and automation of continuous integration pipelines to support application and infrastructure development lifecycle activities and release cycles.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage local and client infrastructure on public cloud and private cloud
- Automate infrastructure testing and deployment
- Build monitoring solutions for applications and services
- Take part in exciting challenges of building, securing and scaling API driven platforms
- Support state of the art reactive architecture
We are working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this role