Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer (Java, AWS)
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you will be part of an Agile or platform team where you will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology.
You will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end Platform application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning & automation and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all we’re using tools like Spark, Scala, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB etc. – and we’re on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience using Java or Python or Scala
- At least 1 year of experience working with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems with Scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines using ETL
- Master’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience with loading and managing data using technologies such as Spark, Scala, NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) and columnar MPP SQL stores (Redshift, Vertica)
- At least 2 years of experience with Spark, Scala, Hadoop
- At least 1 year of experience with Change and Release Management Process
- At least 2 years of experience with Spark Streaming, Storm or RabbitMQ
- At least three years of experience with NoSQL (Mongo or Cassandra)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.