Java Software Engineer (AWS, Microservices, Spring, Kafka, Agile)
Location: Central London (Old Street / Shoreditch)
Salary: Up to £80K Basic + Benefits Package + Flexible working & Work from home.
Senior Java Software Engineer, pushing to Java Technical Lead required by one of the best technical agancies in London (15+ years experience).
Specialised in a range of enterprise level & smaller software application builds, typically Java based, they advise, consult, architect, build & deliver the best solution for the clients need – whatever software offering or bespoke solution that may be.
In summary we need a Senior Softwae Engineer to work on a range of modern Java software projects. You’ll work on large (> £1Million ) Digital projects with other teams & on smaller, more start-up & exploratory projects (We are in the heart of London tech’ start-up scene)
You are an experienced and talented software developer, Technical Lead or Architect with strong communication skills who enjoys solving technical challenges. You believe that simple, readable code is better than over-engineered and over-architected code. You excel in mentoring others, and are diligent in ensuring quality and consistency of your team’s code. You engage customers directly to understand business objectives, and are able to articulate the technical vision of your project.
Key requirements / attributes:
– Hands on Java development & modern Java application build experience. Java 8+ required.
– Ability to organise & manage time wisely with effective technical communication.
– Understand software development principles and technology with the ability to guide other developers & collaborate on technical information with various teams.
– Play an advisory role based on technical discovery during the project (Advise on solution Architecture)
– Interested in new & different technologies. We are always looking at new tech stacks if it’s better than the “norm”. Very much into Open Source projects.
– Team Lead skills in respect of a circa 4 person strong development team (Code reviews, technical guidance etc) Typically we oprate in smaller Agile teams of 3-4 with contractor support, depending on the project scope.
In return you will be joining an excellent, energetic & experienced team working on a very good variety of modern web applications delivered to a broad range of industries!
Please pop me over your CV, or call in for a chat