One of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in England. Established in 2004 with a vision to create “Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community” and have since grown into a family of 49 Academies across the UK! Currently serving over 25,000 young people! Progress your career with an organisation dedicated to transforming lives and learning!
The IT Support Engineer – 2nd Line:
Responsible for providing 2nd line systems infrastructure support. You will also have the opportunity to take the technical lead on ad-hoc projects.
The IT Support Engineer – 2nd Line Duties:
* Monitor and maintain hardware and software on the servers (Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2); set disk space and printer quotas; create network shares and manage access rights; monitor system logs.
* Advanced maintenance of virtualised technologies such as hyper v, VMware and also configuration
* Installing and supporting server operating systems and application software
* Advanced maintenance of SAN technologies such as NETAPP and HP using ISCSI and SAS connectivity
* To perform advanced management and administration of User accounts assigning permissions and manage group policies using Active Directory.
* Monitoring and management of Data Protection Manager (DPM) across multiple sites.
* Monitoring System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) across multiple sites
* Creating and managing Office 365 components including Exchange, Lync & SharePoint
* To perform advanced management and administration of Cisco Telephony using Cisco Call Manager.
* To perform management and troubleshooting of Email AccountsDistribution Lists and distribution groups through Exchange and Office 365.
* To perform advanced diagnosis procedures on Servers and applications
If you are an experienced IT Support Engineer – 2nd Line who is looking to progress your career within a forward-thinking environment and with a company who can offer fantastic benefits including a final salary pension, 25 days holiday rising to 30 and outstanding training investment, apply today!
You will be entitled to a continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme using industry certified accreditation, a pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider and a generous holiday allowance for support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after five years (plus 8 Bank Holidays). Joining this great, rapidly growing organisation will give you the opportunity to fully utilise your current skillset whilst learning new processes and procedures. They offer a great work life balance and believe in training their staff to maximise their full potential.
Due to the nature of this position that you will be required to undertake a full DBS/CRB check.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruitIT Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy