Graduate Developer (.NET/Java) – Knutsford, £45,000
Please note – candidates must have achieved A*/A at A-Level and be on for a 1st class degree at University
An opportunity to kick-start your software development career at an innovative and agile software company in the North West of England.
Who are they?
- They make the world’s most widely used software for web security testing.
- A dynamic team that constantly strives for excellence in all they do.
- Committed to continuous self-improvement and personal development.
What will you be doing?
- Learn directly from the very best software developers in the industry.
- Program in pairs from day one, working on real production code.
- Develop your knowledge of Java, .NET, or both platforms, depending on your existing experience and goals.
- Master software design patterns, refactoring, and how to write clean maintainable code.
- Learn Agile development techniques, including test-driven development (TDD) and rapid release cycles.
Exceed your development goals
- As part of the graduate programme they will set you tailored development goals, taking into account your experience and career aspirations.
- To help you achieve these goals you will have a dedicated mentor (who is responsible for supporting you in meeting your learning goals) and a monthly 1-2-1 with a senior member of the development team (to keep your overall development on track).
- On-the-job training will also be provided from day one and resources will be made available to allow you to achieve your goals, whether these are experiencing new stages of software development, learning about new technologies, or gaining certifications as a software developer.
- Their graduate joiners typically make very rapid progress due to individual mentoring and coaching, in a way that is impossible on larger graduate schemes.
Get the rewards you deserve
This client can offer a competitive salary starting from £45,000, plus a generous pension and comprehensive benefits package.
Success will be rewarded as your career progresses, through salary increases (in line with experience and skills) and share options, 8% employer pension contribution, life assurance: 4x salary, income protection: full pay for first 6 months of incapacity followed by 75% of salary plus pension contribution and private medical insurance (Bupa).
What are they looking for?
- An outstanding academic track record. Candidates should have top A-levels or equivalent, and be expecting a First Class degree in a technical subject area or relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Outstanding analytical and computational skills.
- Significant direct hands-on experience of either Java or .NET (or both).
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact or call .