Electrical Systems Engineer
A company based in the north of Essex; specialising in the design and manufacturing of large mobile machinery and equipment. The company is currently enjoying a large and continued influx of new work.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer to be part of the Design Department.
* Report to the Technical Manager on a day-to-day basis and liaise with other management and staff as required.
* Translate customer specifications into electrical and panel designs and be expected to
* On occasions interface to the customer directly to discuss their requirements.
* Produce designs ensuring the correct functionality and performance is met whilst ensuring the most cost effective design is achieved and on time.
* Programme and commission PLCs and HMIs, participation in commissioning on the factory floor is essential.
* Have high attention to detail.
* Manage own knowledge to ensure compliance with current electrical safety / construction requirements.
* Be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and to manage own time and workload.
* Be a good communicator.
* Ensure good control of documentation in accordance with the company’s ISO9001 quality requirements.
* Create O & M manuals for the company’s products.
The position is ideally suited to someone with knowledge of electrical design / control systems in the following sectors: automotive, railway, marine, building management/control (BMS).
This is a varied and interesting position with no two days the same.
The work is primarily office based at the company’s premises.
The candidate will possess the following as a minimum:
* Use of AutoCAD (minimum AutoCAD 2009, preferably AutoCAD Electrical 2015 onwards). To produce electrical schematics
* Knowledge and experience of designing electrical systems:
* DC (12V and 24V systems), AC (single and 3 phase up to 415V), and some exposure to control system / automation / instrumentation systems.
* Have a background of program creation for PLCs and commissioning and are familiar with their concepts.
* Computer literate, with Microsoft Office Suite familiarity.
* City and Guilds 2382 or equivalent higher / comparable qualification.
* Familiar with BSth / 18th Edition.
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK (proof may be required).
* Good command of spoken and written English language.
* Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
The candidate will also advantageously possess some of the following (in no order of preference):
* HNC (or higher) Electrical Engineering or similar.
* Experienced in use of AutoCAD Electrical 2015 onwards.
* PLC commissioning and programming (any PLC manufacturer considered).
* HMI and SCADA software (any HMI / SCADA manufacturer considered).
* Electrical knowledge of HVAC / BMS wiring / schematics.
* Exposure to EU machinery directives and procedures.
* Exposure to EU electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) directives and procedures.
* Creation of O & M manuals.
25 days holiday per year + statutory holidays.
Hours of work 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 7:30am to 1:30pm Friday. Some extra hours may be required on occasions dependant on workload and deadlines.
Pension scheme after probation period elapsed.
£36k to £40k pa salary depending on experience, there is no overtime associated with this role.
Profit related bonus scheme