Role: Design Support Engineer
Basic Salary: £ – £/annum based on experience
Timely Recruit is recruiting Design Support Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for a Design Support Engineer to join a small, focused team that are committed to the design, construction and operation of quality Gas and Electricity Distribution Networks.
Why join this business:
- Part of a team committed to the efficient design, construction, operation and maintenance of compliant and safe gas and electricity distribution networks.
- An opportunity for continuous learning and self development.
- Opportunity to work with well established experts and a lot to be learnt from their expertise.
- It will equip you to be strongly analytical and enhance problem solving skills.
- An exciting opportunity to join a small, focused, committed team.
- Development of relationship skills.
- Modern Offices and great people to work with.
Please APPLY NOW
Job Purpose: Electricity/Gas Design Support Engineer
The Design Support Engineer has to ensure the safe adoption of distribution networks operating up to 7barg/11kV, ensuring that company’s specifications are met. Reviewing expanding network demand and maintaining a high standard of the asset register is vital to organisation’s continued growth.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with design, construction and safety standards as appropriate.
- Liaison with customers over network design issues to ensure compliance with company’s design and construction policies and standards.
- Management of applications for connections on to the upstream operator’s network associated with organisation’s managed networks.
- Verification of applications for Electricity and Gas connections on to the upstream operator’s network made by customers associated with asset adoption works.
- Manage applications made by other network operator’s or customers for connections on to networks including evaluation of any network reinforcement requirements.
- Manage the relationship between the company and all upstream parties for capacity and demand negotiations.
- Delivery of CAD designs and drawings where required.
- Development of safety and risk assessment requirements required at the design and adoption stages of a project.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety Policy are met.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the organization’s Asset Management System are met.
- Participation in reviews and updates of the current operational procedures and technical standards.
Attributes and Experience
- Gas or electricity network design experience with the ability to use IT based design software.
- A good understanding of 2D CAD drawing.
- An ability to adopt a wider perspective than the immediate bounds of the role description.
- A team player
- Transferable experience in ensuring Compliance and safe adoption of Electricity and Gas Distribution Networks
- Design knowledge and experience of 11KV networks or 7 barg networks
- Working experience in the Electricity or Gas distribution sector.
- Designing networks and analytically minded
- If you meet these requirements and are interested to discuss the role, Please APPLY NOW