Jade Stirk at CK Group is recruiting for a Data Engineer to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site based in Hertfordshire on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client are well known for researching better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society.
This role is located at their state-of-the-art site in Welwyn Garden City. The site is easily commutable from Stevenage, Luton, Harlow and Enfield. There a good transport links to the area and the site is just located off the A1M.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for Data acquisition to provide a clear view of the data landscape to the organisation. You will be joining a newly formed team that will focus on data for the company.
Your main duties will be:
– Data acquisition (internal and external).
– Enable process and scientific insights from the data.
– Find novel opportunities to use data in different ways.
– Ensure data meets regulatory requirements and appropriate data standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
– Experience within a complex, regulated environment.
– Proficient in the use of SQL in a relational DBMS (such as MSSQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc).
– Experience with ETL development and data warehousing.
– Experience with a programming or scripting language (Python and R preferred).
– Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Kafka, etc.).
– Knowledge of cloud technology ecosystems (AWS or GCP).
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45802 in all correspondence