I am currently seeking experienced Control Systems Engineers at both Junior and Senior level to join one of the UK’s most exciting automation companies.
My client is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology across over 100 countries. The company builds and supports logistics solutions that optimise material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centres.
* Interpreting design input information to produce control system designs
* To produce design and manufacturing programmes
* Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design / safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals
* Design and production of electrical layout and schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
* Procurement of electrical equipment including control panels and field devices
* Liaise with suppliers on technical matters
* Procurement of electrical installation services and liaise with suppliers on technical matters
* Liaise with electrical installation supervisors and subcontractors
* Production of completed PLC software for control of a material handling sub system, including safety compliant code for safety portion
* Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to Functional Design Specifications, test specifications and commissioning checklists
* To produce databases to facilitate production of a visualisation system
* To assist in factory testing of the visualisation system prior to sending to site
* Design, production and test of conveyor control software.
* Emulation testing / virtual commissioning of completed PLC software prior to commencing on site
* To assist in development of standard blocks and solutions
* Produce required health and safety documentation including, but not limited to method statements and risk assessments
* Commissioning controls systems on site and to provide support to system integration commissioning activities
* Providing control system training for the end user
* Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
* Prior experience working in a similar role, including controls design and commissioning within an automation based industry, ideally within the automated warehouse industry
* Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
* Good understanding of PLCs (Siemens or Allen Bradley)
* Good understanding of fieldbus systems and I/O equipment, e.g. Profibus, Profinet, ASi, TCP/IP
* Good understanding of other controls automation related equipment, e.g. Bar code scanners, HMIs, Variable frequency drives
* Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
If you are interested in this role, please apply for the role or send an email to (url removed)
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy