Big Data Engineer, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Snowflake, AWS, Azure
Up to £500/day
Fruition IT are recruiting a Contract Big Data Engineer for a market leading eCommerce business who are a Yorkshire success story.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and shape the next generation of data platforms used for MI and analytics providing new capability leveraging cloud and big data technology. You’ll also be working closely with the Data Science team to develop robust solutions.
What you need:
- Cloud Platform Development (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- Cloud Based Big DataData Warehouse Solutions (Snowflake preferred) – including design, development, setup, configuration and monitoring of solutions running on these platforms
- Strong software development experience in SQL, Python and Scala
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystems (Spark, Hive/Impala) – including design, development, setup, configuration and monitoring of solutions running on these platforms
- Kafka (for both Real-time data pipelines and Stream Analytics – including design, development, setup, configuration and monitoring of solutions running on this platform
- Experience of Worked in an Agile team producing frequent deliverables
- Experience of Testing and Automation processes associated with Big Data solution development
- Any experience the Dataiku Data Science platform or the Tableau Data Visualisation platform would be beneficial but not essential as would any experience or the R programming language.
This is a 6 months contract offering up to £500/day.
To apply for this contract Big Data Engineer role, please send your CV for consideration.