Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. AWS Premium Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in 8 countries around the world, and are growing rapidly. We are seeking Big Data Cloud Engineers with an affinity for big-data tools and Linux administration.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
· Interact with leading technologists around the world
· Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
· Drive customer communication during critical events
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the customer community
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span
· 4+ years of experience in Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, and Presto
· 4+ years of experience in DynamoDB or NoSQL technologies like MongoDB or Cassandra
· 4+ years of experience with System Administration with Linux (RHEL/CentOS) including Microsoft ActiveDirectory, and LDAP integration. Experience with troubleshooting Kerberos Authentication problems.
· 2+ years of experience with Network troubleshooting.
· Experience running and troubleshooting various types of machine learning (supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning) and deep learning frameworks (tensorflow, mxnet) issues.
· Experience with Java and Python and shell scripting
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
· Expert experience in the Hadoop Ecosystem including Apache Spark and Presto
· Expert experience in NoSQL
· Expert experience with blockchain technologies like Etherium
· Expert experience in data Data Lake architecture and administration
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
· Prior work experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, EMR, Glue, SageMaker
· Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture, administration and support
· Expert understanding of distributed computing principles and their application in the cloud
· Good understanding of distributed computing environments
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Lead technical discussions on big data systems architecture and design
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
· Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect
· AWS certified Big Data Specialty
· Master’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.