Join our elite IT team as a Back-End Java Developer
As a Back-End Java Developer you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development team. The Consumer Experience Development team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create websites for our consumers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Consumer Experience Development team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
A typical day will have you:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborating closely with other developers, Front End designers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
You’ll need to:
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Python or C#; we primarily use Java
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSql database systems such as MySql, Mongo, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Experience with AWS environments
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring Boot/MVC or Node.js
- Testing frameworks like Spock, JUnit or JEST
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Jenkins or Gitlab
- Bitbucket version control system
- Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
The NY office is less than a mile from Penn Station, NY Waterway Ferry and Port Authority. We have a cafe and a Starbucks in our newly constructed building as well as a large cafeteria with plenty of neighborhood restaurants to get away during lunch. If you like the outdoors we are in walking distance to the High Line and several other local parks.