Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an Algorithm Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Algorithm Systems Engineer will have the opportunity to demonstrate their algorithmic design and modelling skills in developing the algorithms for target acquisition, and to produce a dynamic mathematical model of complex systems for target acquisition and the target environment. The role includes aspects of algorithm design, simulation and modelling, auto-code generation and performance assessment.
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty.
The role will see you carry out a range of activities such as, but not limited to;
* Define requirements, interfaces and test criteria for an algorithm or model block within the existing system architecture.
* Research, design and document the algorithm giving regard to processor limitations (e.g. aiming at firmware or software).
* Implement the algorithm within the system model and test the functionality of the algorithm.
* Produce and verify auto-code and/or test vectors as applicable.
* Assist integration and testing of algorithms and fix problems arising from testing.
* Run model simulations for system performance predictions and compare to trials data.
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
* Experience in using Matlab or equivalent product
* Experience in developing and simulating models of real-world systems
* Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
* Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
* Be able to work autonomously and as a member of the team
* Show an ability to build good working relationship with team members and other functions/departments
* Have good communication skills
* Experience in Simulink and/or Stateflow
* Experience in model verification, configuration control and model release processes
* Experience in developing large-scale complex models
* Familiarity with radar systems
* Familiarity with control systems
* Familiarity with digital signal processing
* C/C++ programming
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment