A client of Kforce’s in Pittsburgh, PA is in search of a Voice Systems Engineer to be responsible for the implementation and operational support of voice systems and fulfilling project initiatives involving the company’s global voice network. Summary: This individual will ensure that stability, best practices engineering, and detailed troubleshooting disciplines are applied to voice systems. The Contract Voice Systems Engineer position responsibility encompasses activities, including but not limited to management and support of phone systems, phone hardware, Telco circuits, VoIP, Quality of Service, e911, network configurations and related technologies for delivery of voice services to the user. The successful candidate must be an articulate analyst who can serve as an effective member of the team. The candidate should also be able to negotiate issues and resolve complex problems with creative solutions. The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously is essential to this position. Primary Responsibilities:
- Administration, and implementation of voice systems, UC & voice messaging services
- Fully resolve problems with firm voice systems and technologies (level 2+ support)
- Assist/advise other team members on voice issues and technologies
- Diagnosing call quality issues
- Determine and decide when to escalate problems to vendors / management and ensuring resolution and reporting of resolution to stakeholders.
- Maintaining documentation of voice systems, network, processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides and change management logs.
- Utilize Voice network monitoring and reporting tools
- Work with network engineers to ensure network transport is optimized for voice transport (e.g. Network Routing, Class of Service and QoS)
- CCNP certification desired (Collaboration/UC)
- 5+ years full time experience with at least 3 years in a primary voice systems support role
- Experience managing enterprise voice systems in a large, multi-office environment
- Cisco Call Manager, 9.x or later
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco Call Center Express
- Akkadian Provisioning Manager
- Ability to use tools such as Cisco DNA & Cisco RTMT, log capture and Wireshark packet analysis to support troubleshooting efforts
- Knowledge of SIP trunking
- WAN transports & Services (Voice routing and prioritization across MPLS and/or SDWAN)
- Network switching/routing specific to VoIP in a Cisco environment
- Dial Plan Management, 800 services, other ancillary voice related services such as eFax
- General Network (IP schema, Video, Cabling, DHCP)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.