The Accounting Manager reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules for assigned entities according to monthly close schedule. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the annual consolidated financial statement audit—must have strong accounting and US GAAP knowledge.
NantWorks is a dynamic, fast-paced organization. To be successful at NantWorks, employees must be innovative, efficient, versatile, self-starters who take great pride in their work.
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing all necessary journal entries for month-end close for assigned entities; includes accounting areas such as leases, fixed assets, accruals, and allocations, among others
- Collaborate with accounts payable department to ensure proper GL coding of invoices
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly internal financial reporting and analysis
- Prepare quarterly consolidation including the identification and preparation of consolidation/elimination entries
- As necessary, work with Assistant Controller to timely prepare accounting memos and necessary journal entries/analysis for complex transitions, which may include reading, interpreting and summarizing legal agreements in order to determine proper accounting treatment
- Manage annual external consolidated financial statement audit and assist in the preparation of annual financial statements including necessary footnote disclosures
- Monitor system data and compliance with GAAP as well as company policies and procedures to include accurate and complete accruals, both manual and automated
- Maintain accounts and prepares monthly account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP of assigned accounting areas
- Maintain and recommend modifications to existing processes and procedures, guidelines, and policies to continuously improve processes
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelors or higher degree in accounting
- CPA strongly desired
- Mix of public accounting (2+ years) and industry (2+ years) experience is a plus
- Ability to successfully meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel – incl. Pivot Tables, and VLOOKUPS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, consolidations, and financial statements preparation.
- Systems knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or Microsoft 365 is preferred but not required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
All hires are based upon successful completion of background check