Kforce has a client that is seeking a TIBCO/Java Developer in Dubuque, IA. Summary: The main function of a software engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems. Job Responsibilities:
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications. Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to clients specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10+ years of experience required
- Performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Large systems software design and development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with TIBCO Business Works and Business Events development.
- Knowledge and previous hands-on experience with relational databases such as Oracle.
- Experience with AWS cloud development is a plus.
- Proficient for the open source Java technologies like Spring, HBase, Dropwizard, and Solr is a plus
- Experience with Java, Python, C++ and other programming languages
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and CMSs. Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop based structures, theories, principles, and practices, data loading tools like Flume, and workflow schedulers like Oozie is a plus
- Knowledge in agile methodologies and software development lifecycle
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.