Software Resources has an immediate direct-hire job opportunity for a REMOTE Sr. Software Engineer-Microservices Team.
We are looking for a remote Sr. Software Engineer experienced with building solutions in a microservice architecture.
The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and constructing microservices in order to decompose legacy systems into a highly scalable and available distributed system. Knowledge of scalable software design patterns as well as data flow patterns for distributed systems are essential. The ideal candidate would be someone with excellent problem-solving skills and experience migrating monolithic systems to microservices.
This position will report to the Manager, Engineering.
- Design and build highly scalable, resilient, performant cloud and on-premise microservices and APIs that interface with devices, mobile applications, third-party services and applications, cloud infrastructure, and other microservices.
- Participate in database design and creates solutions to maintain data consistency in a distributed system.
- Ensure adherence to software development lifecycle and software best practices.
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your products through automation of unit, functional and performance testing.
- Ensure that defects are managed, prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.
- Create effective documentation for APIs and solutions.
- Work with platform architects and other engineers on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Be a team player by instilling trust and accountability in your work and day to day activities.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best techniques and tools.
- 5+ year’s developing backend web or e-commerce based software applications.
- 2+ years’ experience developing microservices for very large-scale, real-time distributed systems supporting millions of users.
- Hands-on experience in consuming, designing, and developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying microservices on cloud platforms (AWS a plus).
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience using containerization technology such as Docker for development and deployment of services
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines that support cloud and on prem deployments and ensure better code quality, increased code releases and reduce risk from the release process.
- Strong experience with object-oriented languages such as Java, C#, C++.
- Experience with other dynamic and functional languages such as Python, Ruby, and Go, TypeScript a plus.
- Ability to recognize and implement design patterns when developing software.
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing.
- Experience with event-driven architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Eager and adaptable to change. Works with little guidance and direction. Able to navigate complex systems with ease.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call or visit us online at and leave the recruiting to us!