AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Eye Care is responsible for assisting with the tactical execution of the U.S. marketing initiatives on the fast-growing REFRESH ® Artificial Tears Franchise and the Rx to OTC switch of LASTACAFT ® . This role’s key responsibilities are to assist with the development and execution of strategic marketing plans that contribute strong growth to the business and drive category leadership. Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders, field sales and customers, this person assists with product positioning, key messaging and brand strategies to drive overall growth. This person will manage various professional marketing programs for the franchise and will assist with product launches and packaging initiatives. The person will also lead the sales forecasting and budgeting function.
A reas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with new product launches for Refresh and other Consumer Eye Care brands
- Day to day operation of eCommerce and Refresh Direct sales initiatives to physicians
- Executing professional targeted marketing programs
- Commercial lead for managing manufacturing and sales forecasting
- Responsible for budget management.
- Works closely with Field Sales team to develop professional promotional pieces
- Works closely with the Trade Sales team to develop and execute retail programs through Food, Drug, Mass, Club and online channels
- Works closely with primary and secondary market research analytics to identify and track market trends and opportunities.
- Works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive strategy
- Must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA Preferred
- 2-5 years Product Management experience.in health care industry
- Established track record in managing industry-based marketing functions.
- Highly desired: Sales experience
- Highly desired: Experience in Consumer Package Goods (CPG) or Health and Beauty Care (HBC).
- Highly desired: Experience marketing to health care providers
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study, a graduate degree strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.