Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
Our location in Princeton, NJ currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Product Manager, Global Marketing, Assays. The Sr. Product Manager for assays will manage marketing activities for Abbott’s exciting new life-saving products for detecting myocardial infarction and for detecting brain injury. They will help create the strategy for launching the product, execute tactical plans, and work cross the geographic regions to launch product successfully globally. This individual should have acumen for learning new technologies, be able to differentiate products among competitors, create compelling value propositions and messages, set pricing, contribute to forecasts, work with agencies to create concepts, and work with international area marketers to create global launch tool kit. The Sr. Product Manager will work collaboratively with area marketers, market research, regulatory, R&D, market access to ensure a successful global launch of the product. This is an excellent position for someone who seeks to grow a career with a leader in diagnostic testing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop in depth understanding of the product and competitors in order to differentiate product offering
- Create value propositions, positioning statements, messaging, and work with agencies to develop marketing concepts.
- Develop core promotional materials, literature, sales aids, support materials and sales training.
- Work with Market Research to conduct primary and secondary market research to optimize product offering.
- Build strong working relationship with Medical Affairs to derive publication and speaker strategy.
- Provide guidance on the development and maintenance of packaging and labeling.
- Possess strong project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives, priorities, develop project plan, and manage to deadlines.
- Contribute to development of global market forecast
- Contribute to KOL development
- Collaborate with areas and affiliates on product launches
- Develop retail strategies where appropriate
- Build market awareness and education strategies
- Interface with consultants, marketing research firms, ad agencies, vendors, and customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required.
- At least 7 years of experience in healthcare marketing is needed with background in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics or devices.
- Exceptional marketing capabilities, problem solving skills and attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation and listening skills with senior level staff).
- Demonstrated track record of success in global product launches and commercialization.
- Experience with IVD or medical devices preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to market highly technical science.
- Demonstrated analytical skills related to market research, pricing, financial modeling, and identification of key business insights.
- Positive attitude, confidence, integrity and professionalism. Initiative and self-motivation; strong work ethic; leadership and team orientation; strong proactive interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with others; ability to work in a matrixed environment, strong cross-functional management by influence.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other graduate degree is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on News