SAIC is seeking an experienced, Senior DevOps Engineer to support a fast-paced Intelligence Community program.
- The DevOps engineer must have experience in designing, building and maintaining continuous integration/continuous delivery build pipelines.
- The candidate must have hands-on experience with Kubernetes in designing, implementing and managing Kubernetes clusters working in conjunction with Docker Containers.
- The candidate must have experience with Docker and establishing container image repositories, building Docker files, container images, and using Docker in establishing continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) deployment pipelines.
- The candidate needs to have experience with tools enabling automated testing and integration, and with AWS specifically in regard to key services e.g., EC2, S3, VPC, KMS, CloudFormation, IAM.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
Automating and orchestrating workloads on AWS.
Hands-on experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt or other similar tools
Hands-on experience with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java. Proficient with git and git workflows.
Creation of Docker files
Creation of Docker Container images and a container image repository.
Proficiency in leveraging automated testing tools to automate testing.
Lead the design, development and instantiation of the deployment process for the project
Design, build and maintain CI/CD pipelines in multiple integration and test (I&T) environments
Install, configure and manage Kubernetes clusters supporting the CI/CD deployment pipelines
Install, configure and manage additional CI/CD tools in the environment e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Cucumber
Install, configure and manage automated testing tools in the environment
- Requires active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred with 14 years of experience.
- Must have 3+ years as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent
- Must have 3+ years of hands on experience with Kubernetes and creating and managing a Kubernetes based infrastructure
- Must have 3+ years of hands on experience with Docker, building Docker files and images, establishing Docker image repositories
- Must have 2+ years of experience with CI/CD orchestrator tools e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Ant, or similar CI/CD orchestrator tool(s)
- Must have experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Must have experience with Helm
- Must have experience with a source code repository tool e.g., GitLab, GitHub
- Must have experience building installation packages using RPM and Yum
- Must have experience with Chef for software installation
- Must have 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Must be proficiency with Linux is required
- Must have familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks: XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, SauceLabs, etc.
- Proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Platform and OS experience: CentOS 6 and 7, RHEL 6 and 7, Windows 7, Windows 2016
- Must have strong prior scripting experience.
- Must have experience installing and configuring AWS services.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability