The Sr Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for overseeing the technical execution of one to many projects and tasks in varying IT areas such as application development, application support, systems administration, business intelligence, network administration and others. In addition to coordination and oversight of technical tasks during the execution phase of the project, the Sr Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for gathering and documenting customer requirements by interviewing and understanding customer needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of IT practices and terminology in order to be knowledgeable enough to understand when to raise questions in order to correctly steer the project execution tasks to completion. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable technologist with strong communication skills specifically seeking an environment where they will impact the direction of the organization, and be a key contributor to overall success of the business. The pace is exceptionally fast at SNC, and our dynamic environment will see many new projects in the coming year. The Sr Business Systems Analyst will need to be agile and flexible, as changes will be certain and frequent.
As SNC’s corporate team we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing and communications. Learn more about SNC’s Corporate team
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide coordination and oversight on various technical tasks on IT projects of varying complex nature
- Understand business application data to ensure accuracy and quality, while identifying opportunities to integrate between systems
- Elicit and gather user requirements to translate into detailed documentation to be used for technical execution
- Experience in epic, feature, & user story creation, as well as work item sprint planning
- Regularly communicate to management regarding status of technical deliverables
- Identify and monitor technical risks, communicating roadblocks and issues to management
- Responsible for assembling plans to track key execution/technical milestones, and communicating status to the technical team and management
- Uses strong understanding of business needs in order to effectively interface and communicate with business users and IT
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 10+ years of related experience required
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address process improvements to accomplish business objectives
- Strong knowledge of requirements documentation tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, Jira, and Azure DevOps
- Experience with data mapping and documentation of system integration metadata and touchpoints necessary for implementation
- Some experience with writing SQL and understanding the basics of table querying for use in documenting requirements
- Strong knowledge of project planning and execution, using tools such as MS Project
- Understanding of analysis and software development life cycle methodologies (business requirements documents, data flow diagrams, case tool analysis, work & process flow diagrams)
- Strong presentation, facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.