Group s expertise includes advanced passive imaging system hardware
development and video-processing technology research and development. These
areas of expertise are used to support the development of advanced system
concepts (architecture definition; prototype design; and hardware, algorithm,
and software fabrication) for Department of Defense and NASA sponsors. Our
client is in need of a Software Programmer II in support of these prototyping
* Domains: Software/application design, development, and support; coder;
web interface; system configuration management; system troubleshooting.
* Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern software
engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes for
Laboratory program managers and technical staff.
* Participate in defining, describing and implementing program
* Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software,
frameworks, and tools where applicable.
* Candidates must be motivated self-starters, able to work individually, or
within a group to achieve program goals and objectives, under the
direction of the lab s technical project manager. Problem solving
ability is critical.
* Activities will include programming, data reduction and analysis, data
presentation in graphic form, etc. If applicable, bibliography of
technical writings, patents, etc., should be included with the
candidate s resume
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret
* MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
* Tools: C++ build systems, continuous integration setup and maintenance,
static code analysis, source control and ticket systems
* Domain knowledge: SQL database use & administration
* Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux
* Self-directed prioritization & follow-through
* Small team communication
* Linux administration experience
* Algorithm implementation and verification
* Shell scripting
* Data handling
* Embedded systems software
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, MA 02420
* Travel: Infrequent, approximately once every 4-6 months for a period of
* Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical,
Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background
Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this
position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors
protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement;
promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence;
compensation; and training.