The Software Engineer Senior designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Plans, coordinates, and supervises all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the organization’s applications development and analysis function. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Manages multiple development teams supporting different lines of businesses and acts as team leader on projects. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team. Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide software engineering support for new business software solutions and ensure compliance with existing enterprise solutions, security policies, and avoid functional redundancy
- Facilitate identification of software requirements in order to accurately estimate software costs to develop the software BOM and assist with ITSM change request submissions and CORAS packages for any non-standard software acquisition
- Serve as the Point of Contact (POC) for any software licensing issues by:
- Attend requirements review team meetings
- Identify any missing requirements and request from the Mission Partner and internal DISA customer
- Document any and all requirements changes in the project document repository
- Includes all documentation pertaining to the project: BOM, SD, software documentation, licensing requirements, vendor quotes and all pertinent correspondence.
- Provide input to the design document and list all standard Enterprise System Management (ESM) software and DISA acquired and Mission Partner provided software
- Outline licensing and compliancy requirement
- Develop the narrative portion of the software solution
- Develop software BOM by providing a detailed list of all DISA acquired, transferring, and Mission Partner provided software, including software version, license counts, hardware and processor information, project location, operation environment, software license costs and maintenance
- Research and keep abreast of new and changing software and licensing technology requirements.
- Work with availability management, capacity services, and logistics representatives to understand their contracts with various vendors, keeping current with the changing world of software licensing and compliance for production, COOP and test and development environments
- Verify funding, source or request, and obtain verification from Mission Partners and internal DISA customers pertaining to funding, purchases, and deletions for software
- Validate that standard suites of software are used for new business workloads and recommend standardization of software in the DISA environment
- Validate software products on existing systems are identified within the current asset management system and provide input to the configuration management team when corrections are identified
- Provide database engineering expertise that supports the design and development of complex technical solutions and provides efficient database components to those solutions
- Provide documentation support by creating and finalizing the solution document and updating the DISA repository to store supporting documentation
- Develop documentation to support acquisition, perform research supporting development of the softwareBOM and provide input to the SD
- Develop and documents internal program procedures and processes
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in IT related field
8+ years of IT Software Engineer experience
Appropriate DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level certification, as well as technology-specific certifications such as MCSA Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX) etc. in software engineering
NIPRNet and SIPRNet access – Secret IT-II
Requires Final (Interim is acceptable to start) DoD Security Clearance level of Secret
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
Note, all positions identified as DoD 8570 IT-II (privileged level systems access), require a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 investigation.
Minimal travel requirement expected.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: