At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions, write high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today.
Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Finance and Profitability Technology
The RRCT division supports the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of the bank. As the bank grows and becomes more digital, the need to create fast, automated, and dependable data driven analytical systems to understand the risk and return profile of products, customers relationships, channels, sectors, regions, etc. becomes paramount to run the bank efficiently while meeting the regulatory compliance needs of the bank. Specifically, this requires estimating and managing credit, operational, market & interest rate risk, regulatory and economic capital, liquidity risk, profitability, defenses against money laundering and compliance risk.
The domain is a cross section of technology using SAS, Python, Java, .Net, SQL, Oracle, Informatica, for data, analytics (including ML and AI utilizing cloud based tools), reporting, visualization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position works under supervision of the Technology Team Lead. The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on a project basis for small to large scope efforts and may lead project activities. The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned projects relative to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors. The jobholder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called on to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
- Developing and maintaining projects & data within SAS RFW 3.1/3.2 and SAS 9.4
- Creating Process Definitions, Worksheet Templates, Dimensions, Hierarchies
- Writing RFW script objects
- RFW LUA API
- Automating import/export of RFW objects for release automation
- Reading/writing large amounts of data (1TB+) to MS SQL Server
- SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management (IRM), Viya, Model Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience
- Worked on multiple projects involving complex systems analysis, design and complete application development
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Must be familiar with industry direction
- An ability to build out products & products enhancements from idea through to launch
- Skills to collaborate with the entire team and customers on feature requirements and prioritization
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America