Railhead, Inc. is currently seeking a motivated Junior-Level DCGS-A Software Engineer to join our Crew at APG. In the execution of these efforts, the individual shall evaluate, analyze, critique, and/or assess the technical aspects of work performed by the contractor. The contractor shall provide Software Maintenance Lifecycle support to include: program management, infrastructure and information technology management, Post Deployment Software Sustainment (PDSS) Mission Support, Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) Mission Support, cybersecurity and authorization support. The individual may be required to perform services at its own facility (off-site) or at a duty station at a designated U.S. Government facility or other designated facilities (on-site) within the Continental U.S. (CONUS).
The DCGS-A Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provide functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Solve engineering problems, or manage the solution of engineering problems.
- Systems engineering – responsible for system requirements, design, documentation, risks, quality
- System documentation (Engineering artifacts, contract artifacts, requirements traceability, manuals)
- Assist in the definition and programming of moderately complex software
- Work effectively on several phases of systems/software programming/analysis with little direction, but may require some instruction and guidance for other aspects
- May support system/software test design, engineering evaluation, configuration management
- BA/BS in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline.
- Must be able to provide software development experience, functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Experience with at least one programming language, ECT c#, Java, Python, Ruby
- Must be able to participate in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver to devise solutions using test systems/tools, company or customer furnished computer systems and equipment or commercial off-the-shelf packages
- Plans, develops, implements tests, and customizes software test servers and tools
- Continues to improve technical expertise through the identification of new processes and technical alternatives to resolve problems and/or general improvements
- Experience with Eggplant, Maven, Puppet, Less, PHP, HTML, Jenkins, and Git
- Must have active TS/SCI clearance
Location: Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Railhead, Inc. is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers whom reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market share throughout industry.
Railhead, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.