Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer in San Jose, CA. Summary: The SDN Planning group under the company’s Network Technology and Planning organization is looking for a self-motivated and innovative thinking software engineering consultant in support of the company SDN architecture and technology development and deployment. As software consultant, you will be interacting with software engineers, network/system operations staff, network/system architects to keep our service relevance in the market place in the fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, software development, problem solving mindset, developing next generation network architecture using modern networking technology (e.g., Software Defined Networking) and providing production deployable solutions are key functions of the team.
- 3+ years of hands on software development experience including design, development, debugging and support, building scalable software systems and software infrastructure
- Experience with programming languages (Java, C++, Go) and software debugging tools ( jdb, jmx)
- Experienced in designing and applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented concepts
- Experience working with REST, RESTCONF and RPC services and other client/server models
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze and implement enhancements to existing applications/code
- Experience in software systems automation, regression testing and building automation infrastructure
- Experience in Linux environments with Linux automation scripting and/ or software development (Ansible, Python, Bash)
- Experience with Linux networking & virtualization environments/technologies (KVM, containers) and container scheduling/management platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Open Source tools development, implementation, and/or collaboration experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.