Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That’s why we’re committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people’s health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer II (Remote Care Tools and Analytics).
This team is responsible for developing and maintaining database and software tools in order to effectively provide clinical and operational information to internal and external stakeholders.
Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements, updating and maintaining different software tools based on analysis of specifications, needs and improvements, database queries and development, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and maintenance of software.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide technical support in response to inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, and field staff.
- Participate in and support the implementation, development, enhancement, and modification to software source code, scripts, and procedures.
- Design and implement various database queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Support implementation, enhancement, and modifications to test cases, procedures, scripts, and code.
- Debug, troubleshoot, and isolate software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development.
- Contribute to and support gathering, analyzing, and validating requirements.
- Contribute to and support root-cause analysis of failures.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related engineering field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years progressively more responsible work experience in a range of software engineering disciplines using a variety of programming methods.
- Experience with object-oriented programming language(s), relational databases, formal software development methodologies, and source code management.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization, and with health care professionals, physicians, and field staff.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Experience with cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.), web development, multi-threading, and networking.
- Experience with C#, VB.NET, and ASP.NET.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on