ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The ANSYS Electronic 3D GUI product group is focused on developing graphical user interfaces that drive our industry-leading electrical simulation products. We are seeking a software engineer with a passion for user interface and product development. The successful candidate will perform design, development and maintenance of various components for ANSYS HFSS, Q3D Extractor, and other industry-leading ANSYS products; in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
* Perform complex software design and development activities that may require extensive analysis, and include the assimilation and enhancement of existing code
* Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions
* Work with QA to develop regression test suites
* Employ and help to maintain best software practices
* Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years of professional experience.
* Significant software development experience using C++ or related language.
* Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
* A Master’s degree is preferred.
* Experience developing and debugging user interface code on Windows and/or Linux.
* Familiarity with the entire development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance, and use of software engineering tools.
* Strong technical knowledge in software development methodologies with experience in project planning and implementation. Ability to complete high quality work on schedule.
* Familiarity with mechanical simulation and tools is a plus.
* Good communications and interpersonal skills.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
For more information, please visit us at .
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh