Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The ANSYS Electronics Business Unit (EBU) is seeking a software engineer with knowledge of technical/scientific computing concepts to join our signal integrity team. The focus of this team is the development of electromagnetic, thermal and circuit simulation pre- and post-processing user-interface, 3D visualization and computational geometry modules. The successful candidate will design, implement and maintain various desktop applications in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment. He/she will also be responsible for software user experience analysis and the validation of complex signal integrity simulation flows.
* Perform software development activities including design, implementation, maintenance, testing, and documentation
* Understand product requirements, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues
* Investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions
* Employ best software practices
* Perform bug verification and release testing
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent field of study
* Significant software development experience using C++ or related language
* Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent field of study and 1-3 years of relevant work experience, or a Master’s degree Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent field of study
* Knowledge of computational geometry and computer graphics
* Familiarity with electromagnetic, circuit or system simulation
* Familiarity with electronic design automation systems and practices
* Experience developing and debugging user interface code on Windows and/or Linux
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at .
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh